Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Better Me Epiphany ~ All of Me



So me and my bestie were having a conversation about relationships. He said that it's good that you can offer someone something that no one else has been able to. I replied by saying everyone wants parts but not the whole thing. When i said that it really stuck with me and made me think about relationships. We all have roles in relationships (friendships). Some of us are the talkers, or listeners, or entertainment, and so on. Whenever that friend calls you listen,, the other you discuss the deepest of subjects, and the other you make laugh. I don't think there is anything wrong with that unless that becomes the only part of us that gets light with that person. When that happens you are always stuck listening or always saying something silly. I say thats a problem becuase no one is just one thing. We all have different facets to ourselves. Sometimes we have something to get off our chest and sometimes we have a valid point that we want to discuss. The easy answer is to go to the friend or loved one that fits into the role that best suits your needs. That may work, but it only perpetuates the cycle. I believe that a good relationship is one that celebrates all your parts and not just the part that conveniently fills someone's need. By celebrate I mean that we have the oppurtinity to be all of who we are. No one can be all things to all people. When you try you are pulled into a million different places, and have to change clothes for each new role that you are to fit into. That is not healthy and it is not authentic. Every relationship that we have is not going to be that deep though. I don't think it's possible to be that invested in so many people, but the relationships that are real ~ The ones that are filled with people that we love and spend the meat of our lives in should be. I am a talker, a listener, a laugher, a silly joke teller, a thinker and so much more. Anyone who doesn't want all of that from me doesn't deserve any of me. It is selfish to fill our lives with people who are around for convenient purposes and nothing else.

Better Me Epiphany ~ i will be all of who I am everyday that I'm living and expect nothing less from those who take all of me in

2 comments:

  1. I believe that a good
    relationship is one that celebrates all your parts and not just the part that conveniently fills someone's need.

    THAT spoke to me!!

    And i cant agree more with your better me epiphany hey! I really need to live by it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Friend! Glad it said something to ya!

    ReplyDelete

What You Say Matters too!! Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...