Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Back from the land of procrastination

"Forget about the worries of the past... they'll only contrast with what the future holds" ~ Adrianne Archie

This is a lyric to a song by Adrianne Archie that I wanted to share. I have been in a distant land for the past week and a half... it is a land that is quite deceiving... it is known only as "Procrastination" and yes it is a nation unto itself! I have no idea why I decided to visit but I did and was captured and have not written or thought for way too long! So I'm back! I was stuck in a little rut and just felt... well uninspired. You know how you are really excited about something and you tell the people around you and they just kind of give you a blank stare? Well that's what it was like when I told people about this blog. Then I hopped the plane and crossed over the river of despair(it is much darker than the brochure stated) and into procrastination. So once I was there I started beating myself up, calling myself names and then I came across that song and I smiled. I said "you know what? So what I've been a slacker and haven't exactly followed through on my intent to write! Putting it off won't change that fact" So I am forgetting this slight lull and moving full speed ahead. I enjoy it and I will do it. I cannot wait to see the contrast between my past and my future.

Better Me Epiphany ~ My past is only there to make my future brighter. Mess-ups, mistakes, regrets only add color to the painting. The main thing to do is to keep the brush wet.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.9

2 comments:

  1. Love it! And glad you crossed back over! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The past DOESN'T define you, only gives you what you can use as your foundation!!!!
    You know... rereading this now, I realised that I have been letting my past define me :o NOT GOOD
    and as long as you're enjoying blogging who cares what anyone else says or how many people follow you, a while ago i lost a few followers and today i saw that I have MORE than i had before! Because I love writing my blog!!! we write, WHY, because we love it!!
    It's funny because I think of myself as writing part of the "new testament" ;) we all are... but MORE on that another time hehe

    ReplyDelete

What You Say Matters too!! Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...